Tuesday 24 April 2007

Good for what?

Just a little anecdote which had me chuckling today.

I had my Beginners this morning. I love them all. They're just great. They remember everything I teach them. I don't even remember everything I teach them.

Anyway, so today we looked at the verb To Go and which tense to use in which situation. Once they were using 'I'm going' successfully, I then asked them to give me a fact about the place they were going. I gave them the following examples,

"I'm going to Italy. Italy has very good ice cream. I'm going to Spain. Spain has very strong coffee."

Then I said, "I'm going to England. England has very good...." but I couldn't for the life of me think of what England is good for. But bless them, in perfect chorus they all said, "Tea".

Oooh I did laugh.

Pip pip.

No comments: