Friday 1 June 2007

To Begin at The Beginning

It is 11pm on Friday 1st June. Tomorrow morning, very early, I fly to San Sebastian in Northern Spain to catch a train to my starting point for The Way of St James, or El Camino de Santiago. I am about to walk approximately 750km until I reach 'the end of the world', or Finisterre in Spanish.

This should take me about a month. During that time I will be keeping notes of my experiences and learning how to sleep through the noise of 300 sleeping/snoring pilgrims. There is internet access at most of the accommodation, though it will cost me so I can't update this blog too frequently.

I therefore recommend to anyone reading to check once a week. Then hopefully you won't be disappointed.

So, in about 7 hours, I will leave Alcala de Henares with very little idea of when I will return. All I know is I'd better hurry up and pack, take out the rubbish, clean the flat and get some sleep. I have a long day tomorrow and I've no idea where I'm going to sleep tomorrow night.

Bring it on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: