Tuesday 5 June 2007

Oh.My.God.

El Camino is more beautiful and wonderous than I could have imagined. I'm into my second day now. My feet hurt a little but on the whole my boots are fantastic! I keep a good pace which is great because I tend to arrive at the albergues nice and early to secure a bed for the night. You pay 5 euros for a night generally. Last night all the food was included.

I currently have two travelling companions. One Irish guy and one Kiwi. They're great fun. I've made a lot of friends at the albergues too. We all tend to meet more or less at the same hostal though there are a few to choose from. Everyone from everywhere is here.

The scenary today was stunning and should continue to be so. Yesterday was more of a city walk. It's not particularly flat so I should be damn fit by the end of this. It is usual to arrive at a hostal/aubergue around 2pm or 3pm, wash yourself and your clothes, hang them out to die, lie or sit down for a bit and then attempt to find food.

Last night I was in a room with 4 other women, one of which snored like a motorbike. The woman above her in the bunk kept rocking the bunk to wake her up and roll her over! It seemed to work.

I'm in the minority here - most people are young men (20s and early 30s) or mature women (50s and early 60s). Though today there seem to be more young women which is nice.

Must sign off now. It's 1 euro for 25 minutes of internet.

Ciao!

No comments: