Monday 15 June 2009

Extended and Intended

My cousin gave birth to twin boys yesterday. Eight weeks earlier than planned. They weigh 3lbs and 2lbs and are in intensive care, but they are perfectly formed and expected to survive. The little one didn't appear to be getting food (the bigger one may have been sitting on the food tube), but he's 'feisty' according to my grandmother. So they're following the family spirit of survival.

Techically I now have two more second cousins to add to the nine already taking over the planet, the eldest of which is already on Facebook. Weird. So from my two grandparents, there are eight children (spanning ages 43-66), twenty grandchildren (spanning ages 14-39) and, so far, eleven great grandchildren (spanning one day old to 11).

Bloody hell. We are a plague.

To top it all off, my sister is getting her fourth dog in two week's time. Monty, the Malamute:



This is on top of Ruby the Alaskan Malamute, Harvey the Hungarian (I want to say Horntail, thanks JK) Wirehaired Vizsla and Bazil the Border Terrier:



*Marlon Brando voice* Welcome to the family.

Yes. I am homesick.

No comments: