Wednesday 4 July 2007

Present Day - 4th July 2007

No-one does irony like the British. And here I am, stuck in my flat, unable to enjoy the sunshine because I got two terrible blisters from a new pair of sandals which I wore for 2 hours yesterday. I had trouble with one or two blisters for one or two days during the whole month I was walking. Now I'm not even walking, and I can't walk. If you get me. So today I'm in the flat reading and writing.

I'm getting repeated spam emails about Independence Day today, spammers a bit slow to realise that not everyone is from North America. I hope the US is enjoying a day off at least. I don't know much about it, except there was a Declaration of Independence following a big punch-up following years of bullying from King George III, and the Brits ran away like girls and picked on someone closer to their own size (France).

There's an interesting article here in The Guardian on George III to George W..
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/ian_williams/2007/07/george_iii_or_george_w.html

Meanwhile, I'll go back to dreaming of eating English food, speaking the English language and having to use my umbrella all the time. There are things I like and dislike about every place I've been to, but I don't feel there's a right or a wrong or a better or a worse. There are just differences. But people are people wherever you go. I do wish someone in power would recognise that and live by it. I have to say, I'm not looking forward to paying taxes in England again, taxes which fund our illegal invasion of Iraq. And just one more time... why are we there again? Have they come up with a reason yet?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: